· Canneller- To channel, to flute , to groove
· Carameliser- To caramelize; To coat a mold with cooked sugar until dark for use in other preparations
· Chantilly-Whipped cream to which sugar and vanilla have been added
· Chapelure-Dried bread crumbs made from the crust and inner parts of the bread. Used for breading
· Chaud-froid- A dish prepared hot but served cold and covered with a specific sauce.
· Chemiser-To line the interior of a mold before filling
· Chiffonnade-Leafy herbs and greens that are finely shredded
· Chinois-China cap sieve; a fine conical strainer
· Chiqueter-To lightly score the edges of puff pastry to help insure it rises straight and evenly
· Mots du jour
· Production –
· Turn gravlax
· Paypiette de sole sauce veloute with mushrooms asparagus – Cherrie tomato - potato a langlaise or pomme duchesse
- Subric d’epinard (spinach timbale)
- Gougeontte of sole
- (fish stock is seasoned)
Poached on a bed of shallots white wine and fish fumet, liquid should be halfway up fish, bring to a simmer. Cover and then place in the oven 380 for 4-8 minutes.
Make veloute 1 cup – roux- fish stock – cream then reduce poaching liquid and add to veloute, strain slice 2 mushrooms, sauté in fish fumet, then add into strained sauce, add sauce from mushrooms.
· Cherrie tomato – 3 per person
· Core & peel
· Place in pan with butter and season
· NO COLOR
· Pommes a l’anglaise
· Served as is boiled
· Garnish 3 clams, served in half shell with sauce over it.
· Blanch spinach
Gougeonette - served on spinach no touching sauce
Long strips of sole